1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Advanced Physics Online Courses

1. Dec 5, 2007 #1
    Hi, I just finished up a B.A. in Physics at UVa, but I had some major holes in my curriculum. I took Modern physics, QM, and then GR, but never took E&M and Stat. Mech. Aside from MIT OCW, are there universities that offer advanced physics online courses for grade so I can patch these classes up and apply for a Masters? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2007 #2
    I don't think the "for grade" part will be significant, although the added structure will be. It's very hard to find online versions of upper division courses.

You might be able to register as a postbac student and do independent study credits to get grading / structure / guidance. I assume other demands on your time (job) keep you from registering for more traditionally scheduled classes.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?