Advanced Search Results Changed: What Changed?

• Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date
In summary, "Advanced Search Results Changed" refers to any updates or modifications made to the way search results are displayed after using advanced search options. You can typically view the changes by comparing the previous version of the advanced search results to the current version, and these changes may have been made to improve the user experience, make the search process more efficient, or update the algorithm used for ranking results. The changes will most likely only affect future search queries, but in some cases, they may also impact previous results. Depending on the specific platform or website, you may be able to revert back to the previous version or provide feedback to request a change if you are not satisfied with the updates.
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Has the way Advanced Search displays its results changed recently (today)?

Either I'm doing something differently, or it has changed, and I now find it even less useful. i know, many people here use Google restricted to www.physicsforums.com.

Physics news on Phys.org
It works fine for me George. What seemed different to you?

1. What does "Advanced Search Results Changed" mean?

"Advanced Search Results Changed" refers to any updates or modifications made to the way search results are displayed after using advanced search options. This could include changes to the layout, filters, or ranking of results.

2. How can I see what changes were made to the advanced search results?

You can typically view the changes by comparing the previous version of the advanced search results to the current version. This can be done by looking at screenshots or using a tool that tracks website changes.

3. Why were the advanced search results changed?

The advanced search results may have been changed in order to improve the user experience, make the search process more efficient, or to update the algorithm used for ranking results.

4. Will these changes affect my previous search queries?

In most cases, the changes made to advanced search results will only affect future search queries. However, if the changes were significant, it is possible that they may also impact previous search results.

5. Can I revert back to the previous version of the advanced search results?

This depends on the specific platform or website. Some may offer the option to revert back to the previous version, while others may not. If you are not satisfied with the changes, you can typically provide feedback to the website or platform to request a change.