1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advancing physcis c/w

1. Feb 22, 2004 #1
    Advancing physics c/w

hiya everyone,
    i was just wondering if anyone else is doing the advancing physics AS level and could help me with the data anaylsis c/w. i dont even know where to start and dont even know wot i am meanta do wiv all these numbers. hehe please HELP!!!
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2004 #2
    Hey, speak to jimmyp pm him or something, i beleive he is doing the same course as you.
  4. Feb 23, 2004 #3

thank u ive emailed him so hopefully ill have my c/w done in no time :D
    thanx again xx
  5. Feb 23, 2004 #4
    Nice, didnt think i was that helpful .
  6. Feb 23, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

unfortunately i have to confess that i am not doing the coursework option, i am doing the final practical exam. Sorry vezzer..
  7. Feb 23, 2004 #6
    Your such a disapointement, there i was trying to be helpful and u screw it all up.
  8. Feb 23, 2004 #7

oh thanx anyways

ill have to tackle to it on my own :( ill keep u up to date on how im getting on hehe.

is there a advancing physics course then were u dont do any c/w i need to be on that one hehe :D

speak soon

cheers x x x x x
  9. Feb 23, 2004 #8
    Yea i think its AQA that give you the option of doing a practical exam at the end instead of Coursework, i think its AQA, mite be OCR or could possibly even be Edexcel, lol. You can see why i spent 2 years doing AS level.
  10. Feb 23, 2004 #9
    hehe so it could be any of the exam boards :D which one did u do have u done ur A level now? wot u get? im finding physics mega hard but i need an A in it ahhhhhh hehe x x x
  11. Feb 23, 2004 #10
    I failed miserably. Twice.

But i was predicted a C at ASlevel, i wont be getting it at all now but i dont really mind because i have a job as an aprentice for Mercedes Benz and aslong as i stick to it they will fund me to go through UNI and get an engineering degree of somesort.

What are you planning on doing when you go to UNI?
  12. Feb 23, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

AQA is the exam board which i am sitting and they do the option of practical or coursework. Physics is quite a hard A level but i enjoy it immensely even if I am only predicted a C. I tend to find some aspects really easy but then they chuck exponential curves at us and they are to work with.

Anyway you could try us if you want, I'm not doing the coursework but i'd be happy to at least TRY and help

13. Feb 24, 2004 #12
    wow working for mercedes benz must be really cool as well. much better than physics im sure hehe

im hoping to go to uni and study to be a vet so i gotta get a A ahhhh but ive bin predicted A/B so fingers crossed. i didnt even wanna take physics as its waytoo hard but i gotta :frown:

im like u tho find bits easy and bits hard i like all the practical stuff like the materials bits but the maths bits completely confuzzle me im doing wave behaviour at the moment and its just going all ova my head hehe.

when i start using all the hard equations in my c/w then ill need lots of help so you both better get ready hehe :D

xx vezzer xx
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  14. Feb 24, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

Yeah, Andy took the smart move out, I'm still at college and i hate almost every minute of it!! OOooOOoohhh! going to be a vet huh? Im still deciding what I would like to do if i get into university. I would like to do physics but i have been told that they focus more on maths then physics... I physics is the fun part

I would be happy to help with your c/w just gotta get my maths brain in gear. Are you doing a maths A-level as well?
  15. Feb 24, 2004 #14
    nah im not doing maths as well definatly not! im even worse at that than physics hehe

for vet school i had to do either physics or maths so i thought well i know a bita physics but no maths :D was an easy decision.

wot other subjects are u taking???

maybe u could be a vet too hehe xx
  16. Feb 24, 2004 #15

jimmy p

Gold Member

I am taking Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I doubt i could be a vet, i would never get the grades. However i can say that it was advised at our college that if you took physics, you should take maths, because it helps a lot.

I think i wont get to uni anyway so im looking into career work a bit as well.... just cant find anything that suits me.
  17. Feb 24, 2004 #16
    oooo nearly same subjects as me --- biology chemistry physics and general studies hehe

i was advised to take maths as well but i knew it would make me go insane hehe and i hate the maths teachers at my school they are well wierd!!!

wot wud be ur perfect job??

18. Feb 24, 2004 #17
    UH OH!

Ha jimmy's perfect job would have to involve free beer and good looking women. hmmmm sounds abit like my perfect job. ;)

I would like to work in another country for Mercedes Benz, probably the US. It is a fun job but the best part is driving the cars.
  19. Feb 24, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

Oh, i have done general studies already... boring as hell. All maths teachers are eccentric, dont worry!!

I think Andy has pretty much summed up my perfect job.... other than that it would have to include monkeys as well!
  20. Feb 25, 2004 #19
    hehe i know i have it today but i think ive only bin to 3 out of like 30 lessons so i dont think ill be getting a very good grade hehe. im in chemistry at the moment im meanta be researching titrations hehe

if i cant be a vet i think ill be a zoo keeper, and then i could look after monkeys

i got sum equations for u to help wiv l8r hehe, get ready

21. Feb 25, 2004 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

ok im ready for them. my brother is in his final year of a zoology degree...he enjoyed it very much
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?