Ads on PF Without Logging In: Understanding the Prevalence and Impact

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
In summary, some forum users are having trouble accessing threads with advertisements in them. The forum doesn't care what title is actually in the URL, as long as the thread ID is correct.
pinball1970
Gold Member
I went on pf without logging on and there Ads against my post and others

Is this normal?

1631795309470.png

Physics news on Phys.org
A picture of Greg’s new house says all you need to know :wink:

1631823363713.jpeg

This 105,000-square-foot home has seven pools, a 50-car garage, a 10,000-bottle wine cellar, a nightclub, 20 bedrooms, including eight bedrooms for the staff and a three-bedroom guest house, 6 elevators, a library, cigar room, candy room, four-lane bowling alley, a 50-seat movie theater, a putting green, wellness center and gym, beauty salon, juice bar and tennis court.

The candy room concerns me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes sysprog, BillTre, gmax137 and 5 others
caz said:
A picture of Greg’s new house says all you need to know :wink:
Incorrect, this is the mentor's retreat mansion. I think I see @berkeman on the deck! :biggrin:

• Haha
Likes phinds, sysprog, BillTre and 4 others
Greg Bernhardt said:
Incorrect, this is the mentor's retreat mansion. I think I see @berkeman on the deck! :biggrin:
Although that is indeed where we hold our retreats, our actual working quarters are rather more spartan: a deeply buried blast-proof EMP-resistant bunker underneath Avengers Mansion.

• Haha
Likes sysprog, BillTre, russ_watters and 5 others
Nugatory said:
a deeply buried blast-proof EMP-resistant bunker underneath Avengers Mansion.
Carrington, take that! 🖕

• Haha
Likes sysprog
Weird thing - I can't open this thread when I'm on my computer 👀 But I can on my phone.
EDIT: And something weird happened with the attachement 💀 I tried to save it as jpg file, but it didn't work out. Anyways, it's a screenshot from my computer.

Attachments

• received_867453150545008.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 123
I could not view this tread on Thursday, but could on Friday or today (Saturday).
All on same device.

Likes dlgoff and Greg Bernhardt
mfb said:
that stops the issue for me at least.

I still have that problem. Not that I really need to have an acces to that thread from my computer, it's just weird.

Mostly interested in visiting this topic, but not really to read this topic. Trying to post this too.
Done with ABP adblocker turned off..

Likes BillTre and berkeman
Strange - I cannot visit this topic if ABP is turned on. Could not post into it either.
I will post this one, and then turn ABP back on again.

What is the purpose of studying the prevalence and impact of ads on PF without logging in?

The purpose of this study is to understand how often ads appear on PF without logging in and how they may affect user experience. This information can help inform website design and content strategies.

How do you define "prevalence" of ads on PF without logging in?

Prevalence refers to the frequency or amount of ads that appear on PF without logging in. This can include the number of ads per page, the types of ads (e.g. pop-ups, banners), and the duration of ad exposure.

What impact can ads on PF without logging in have on user behavior?

Ads on PF without logging in can potentially impact user behavior by interrupting their browsing experience, influencing their decision to click on certain links or make purchases, and potentially causing frustration or annoyance.

Are there any potential benefits of ads on PF without logging in?

While ads on PF without logging in may be seen as a nuisance, they can also provide a source of revenue for the website and potentially offer relevant products or services to users.

What are some possible solutions to mitigate the impact of ads on PF without logging in?

Possible solutions may include implementing ad blockers, offering a paid ad-free version of the website, or strategically placing ads in less intrusive areas of the website.