1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice about fall schedule

1. Jul 15, 2010 #1
    I'm going to be a freshman in chemical engineering this fall. I'm not supposed to take physics until the spring semester, since we take it with Calc II. However, I technically can place out of calc I from my AP score. I'm not going to do this, because I don't feel that I have a strong enough foundation. Would it be unwise to take Physics 205 alongside Calc I in my case?

My school has a weird way of setting it up...we take Physics I in the spring semester of first year then Physics II in the spring semester of the second year. I want to take them with no break in between. I do have space in my schedule to take it in this coming semester. I'm strongly considering a physics minor.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2010 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You need to talk to your academic advisor, or who ever they have assigned to advice incoming ChE freshmen at your school. He/she is the best person to know the requirements of each courses, and if you are equipped to take such courses. I would also ask about taking the courses consequently, because that advisor would know why the scheduling is that "weird".

Make use of your academic advisor. He/she has been paid to answer the very questions you are asking here, and knows a lot more about you and the school's requirement than we do.

Zz.

4. Jul 15, 2010 #3
    Ok, I haven't gone to orientation yet (when we set up classes)..I do that next week. They've already given me a tentative schedule, and it has Calc II and Physics I in it. Thanks!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook