1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice for a late starter

1. May 7, 2009 #1
    Hi, I need some advice. I have to start collage later then I'd like to but I still want to get into a good university. I was home schooled and I studied hard, the SATs are not a problem but I'm out of high school and I could use some ideas on how to show I'm still trying, even if I can't start collage just yet. I thought maybe tutoring higher math and physics might help but I need more ideas...........have any?

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2009 #2
    oh! and I'm only 19.

4. May 7, 2009 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

If you are out of high school, then are you finished or graduated? What do you mean by "higher mathematics"?

If you at least studied and were issued credit for Algebra 2 and Trigonometry or "Pre-Calculus", then you could at least be able to tutor Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1. You could still attend a community college to continue your formal education if you do not yet know when you will attend a university. Community colleges should give no big obstacles for admission. Also, a community college would help you keep in academic shape before starting at a university.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook