1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice for career selection

1. May 16, 2010 #1
    Hey guys,

I'm 17 and i'm only a year away from university, and i have absolutely no idea what subjects to take! I love cars and the technical stuff in cars .I love computers ,and like math and physics. Now from reading several topics ive learned that some guys are confused whether to take CE/CS etc.. and also that you should pursue a career that you love.
    I was thinking of working for a car company....or developing video games with microsoft (or any other game developer)
    can you guys help me out in selecting a career?

EDIT : I also love Fighter Jets and Aeroplanes of all sorts :) (Eurofighter Typhoon FTW!!)
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2010 #2

Gold Member

If you like cars, you might be interested in Mechanical Engineering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_engineering)

Computer Engineering combines electrical and electronic engineering in a computer environment: circuit analysis, hardware design, and microprocessing.

Computer Science on the other hand deals with the theory of computation, algorithms, complexity theory, data structures, etc.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook