Where Can I Find Calculus Problems with Explained Solutions?

In summary, there are many resources available online for finding calculus problems with explained solutions. Some popular options include websites such as Khan Academy, Paul's Online Notes, and Mathway. Additionally, many textbooks and study guides also provide step-by-step solutions to calculus problems. It may also be helpful to join online forums or study groups where students and tutors can work through problems together. Ultimately, the key is to practice regularly and seek out resources that provide clear and thorough explanations of solutions.
DavitosanX
Hello! I have a test in two weeks for a Mathematical methods course, and the teacher likes to use very tricky problems. My calculus is a little deficient, and I need to practice a lot. I'm currently using both Boyce's and Spivak's Calculus books to do exercises, but I'd like to find a source of problems that give explained solutions, similar to what they do on intmath.com. My background is in pharmacy and biology, and reading math textbooks is still a little hard for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

DavitosanX said:
Hello! I have a test in two weeks for a Mathematical methods course, and the teacher likes to use very tricky problems. My calculus is a little deficient, and I need to practice a lot. I'm currently using both Boyce's and Spivak's Calculus books to do exercises, but I'd like to find a source of problems that give explained solutions, similar to what they do on intmath.com. My background is in pharmacy and biology, and reading math textbooks is still a little hard for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What does THAT title mean for your course? The knowledgeable members have mentioned Mathematical Methods and Strategies of Proof, as some names for a set of topics which prepare students for upper division Mathematics courses so that such students can learn or study advanced calculus or real and ... whatever those more advanced and upper level courses are.

-----

I just tried some internet searching and found this as showing some contents of Mathematical Methods in at least one particular university:
https://math.temple.edu/~prisebor/mm1.pdf

From what's listed there, you must have studied at least , AT LEAST Intermediate Calculus, as well as more advanced mathematics.

Last edited:

1. How do I prepare for learning calculus?

Before diving into calculus, it is important to have a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry. Reviewing these concepts and practicing basic operations can help you feel more confident in approaching calculus. Additionally, familiarizing yourself with basic calculus vocabulary and notation can make the learning process smoother.

2. What are some effective study strategies for calculus?

Some effective study strategies for calculus include practicing regularly, breaking down complex problems into smaller steps, and seeking help when needed. It can also be helpful to form study groups with classmates and to use online resources, such as tutorial videos and practice problems, to supplement your learning.

3. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in calculus?

One way to improve your problem-solving skills in calculus is to practice regularly. Start with simpler problems and work your way up to more complex ones. It can also be helpful to try approaching problems from different angles and to use visualization techniques, such as drawing diagrams, to better understand the concepts.

4. What are common mistakes to avoid when studying calculus?

Common mistakes to avoid when studying calculus include neglecting to review basic algebra and trigonometry concepts, relying too heavily on memorization rather than understanding the underlying principles, and not seeking help when struggling with a concept. It is also important to double-check your work and identify any errors you may have made.

5. How can I stay motivated while studying calculus?

Staying motivated while studying calculus can be challenging, but setting realistic goals and breaking down the material into manageable chunks can help. It can also be helpful to remind yourself of the real-world applications of calculus and to celebrate your progress along the way. Seeking support from friends, family, and classmates can also provide additional motivation and encouragement.