1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice needed

1. Jul 4, 2007 #1
    I've started Uni on a very bad note, I started unmotivated and lazy and I ended up stuffing up my first semester. Nothing went right for me, and I feel that I mightn't pass everything. My problem is that I want to do Honors but I think that this semester might make this impossible. Is there any truth in this statement or am I fooling myself?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2007 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It depends on the institution. What I would suggest is going to your adviser, or you advising office, and asking about this issue. They will be able to tell you the requirements for the specific honors program you wish to get into and whether or not you can still do it.

Don't start worrying and fretting though! Not all is lost. The past is the past. You can't change it, but you can control your future in some respects. Focus on doing well in your current courses, and don't dwell on your previous mistakes, just on how to avoid them in the future. You'll do fine if you keep this attitude, but if you get depressed over the courses you failed, it'll only make things worse. Good Luck to you!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?