1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice needed

1. Mar 20, 2005 #1
    I am thinking of participating in Intel this year. I was thinking of making a two-legged walking robot but I don't think it is going to seem challenging enough to get me in the finals. Does anybody have any other ideas?

My main interest is in physics and electrical engineering.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2005 #2
    Believe it or not but a stable robot which walks with its two legs is incredibly challenging to make.

4. Mar 20, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Is this a very advanced contest? What kind of things won last year? As poolwin said, a stable walking robot is incredibly complex... unless this competition is for advanced engineering things...

5. Mar 21, 2005 #4
    A robot on two legs which actually stands tall and walks with some speed is incredibly difficult to build.
    If you had that robot do some different things, with the help of some good microcontrollers and all(AVR)....and be fast, standing on two legs. It would be amazing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?