1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice on Grad School

1. Nov 25, 2014 #1
    Hello, so I am a freshman at a medium-sized state school that is not particularly known for its physics program (University of Illinois at Chicago). Due to some college credit I received in high school, I am set to graduate anywhere from one to two years early. I am a double major in physics (looking to focus on astrophysics) and mathematics. I plan to take part in research over the next two or three years but I will be limited in time for the research due to my plans to graduate early. I was just wondering for any advice that would help me build out my application for graduate school, anything is helpful! Thank you!

P.S.- I am looking to apply to University of Chicago as my main choice, along with a few other top tens, as well as a few backup schools.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2014 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

This seems way too early to be worrying about an application for graduate school. Do you know the old saying, "There's many a slip 'tween the cup and the lip"? Too much can happen between now and then to make for much meaningful planning now.

Who knows, you might decide to major in psych by that time!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook