1. PF Insights is off to a great start! Fresh and interesting articles on all things science and math. Here: PF Insights

Advice on Greate calculus book

1. Advice on Great calculus book

Hi,
    I am doing self study in calculus by using courant's differential and Integral calculus. The only problem with this book is that author rarely do solve example. Is there any solution manual avalible for this book online. If not, please suggest me books with similar execises as courant and with a solution manual.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. okay, I was going through some earlier post. Please tell me is it not at all necessary to solve all or even most of exercises of the book.

4. But spivak has solution manual with it. Should I try it instead of courant. Although I like cournat becoz it known to have written with greater intution and also application to physics, and also courant was assistant to Hilbert!
    Does all this make any difference?
    Please help me.

5. There is in fact a solution manual available for caurant namely Albert blank's problems in calculus and analysis. But the only problem with this one is that it is of print for years. I am unable to find any copy of this book on internet. Can anyone of you suggest any link.

6. I will not ask you to abandon Courant because of the lack of examples. If you NEED examples for simple calculus,
    buy a Schuam's outline or go online.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?