1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice on material science/nanotechnology

1. Oct 6, 2013 #1
    Hi,
    I have just completed my undergraduate studies in electrical engineering and looking for options in material science because I have a feeling that is the place where I can get the chance to invent anything if I will ever invent something.
    The thing is my knowledge is strictly electrical with some ideas in quantum physics. I have never taken a course on Material science. What I know are things like analog/digital/power electronics, electromagnetics and waveguides, analog/digital/data communication, control engineering, some thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and statics/dynamics which I did in first year.
    The thing is though I want to do material science/nanotechnology I'm a little bit apprehensive that I will always be walking ponderously in the course instead of running my way through. Is it a viable option for an electrical engineer ? Will it be enough to get a book on the subject and go over the key ideas ?

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted