Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice on webstore solution

1. Feb 9, 2016 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I'm looking for suggestions for a webstore solution that can combine an image gallery (such as flickr or PhotoBucket) with services in the same site.

It is possible to sell images via one of these gallery sites - they take care of all the transactions - but I don't think they facilitate transactions for other services.

As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure what solutions there are for services, let alone combining that with an image gallery.

I'd like to advertise, but I need an online presence to point potential customers at.

Suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Squaresspace?

4. Feb 9, 2016 #3

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Build your own website .

You can do this the hard way by learning the languages needed or you can use a website builder of which there are many .

Many of the website builders have a range of templates for standard applications including ones for running a webstore .

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. Feb 9, 2016 #4

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Feb 9, 2016 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Hm. These seem to facilitate a business with fixed products, and all the product formatting must be handled by me. I like the fact that the photo gallery stores often have all the formatting and materials options baked right in. A user can simply choose a size and paper and pay up, and it is shipped to the customer without me lifting a finger.

So maybe I should look at photo gallery sites that can have some services integrated in.

7. Feb 9, 2016 #6

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You need only use your personal website as the customer browsing and trading facility if you want to . Leave all the pictures on photogallery and pull them as needed using links from your website .

ps: The full version of the BT web builder has many more facilities than the simplified eshop version .

8. Feb 9, 2016 #7

jedishrfu

9. Feb 9, 2016 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

As a Web Developer, no one is more aware than me how much effort it would be for a person to build their own eCommerce solution. No thanks.

Yes, I checked them out. Thx.

10. Feb 9, 2016 #9

jedishrfu

There's another one hitting the rounds too:

wix.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook