1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science

1. Jul 22, 2008 #1
    Hey everyone,
    I am going to be starting my Junior year in Aerospace engineering this fall. I am hoping to focus on the space applications of Aero, more specificly propulsion systems. :biggrin: I enjoy most of the topics involved, but a part of me is still drawn to Computer science. My freshman year programing class was the only class that when I was bored would actually sit down and program my hw for fun. I am also programing a ton at my internship this summer. Needless to say, I am somewhat of a nerd. :rolleyes:

On to the constraints: I would be at college for one extra year if I got a double major, but could graduate on time with a minor. $$ is somewhat of a concern because I pay out of state tuition, which sucks.

My questions are this:
    1. Is it worth the extra year of college to get a dual degree?
    2. Will I be able to put both degrees to work in the field?
    3. Is there a pay hike for a dual degree?
    4. Will having two degrees cause me more work(aka 2 engineering loads for the price of one for the company)
    5. Will any of this matter 3 or 4 years down the road? I am planning on eventually getting my masters, but in what is still a question I have.

Thanks for all of your help!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted