Aerospace Engineering: Writing a Personal Statement

In summary, the speaker is looking for help with their personal statement for their aerospace engineering university application. They have already written a draft but are seeking advice and ideas. Some suggest writing from the heart, while others advise against using ideas from others. The speaker clarifies that they will be writing the statement themselves and getting help from their teacher and father. They also mention that they don't mind receiving any additional help or advice.
poojarao
hi,

I am applying this year for aerospace engineering at university. i need some help with my personal statement. It would be great if anyone of you send a copy of good personal statements and ideas on what to write in it.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a life defining moment, you should probably write it yourself instead of posting what sounds good from the mouths of other people.

If you can't come up with anything it may be a sign that aerospace isn't meant for you.

i have done my draft which is a page n a half long but i just wanted some good advise and more ideas.

If you'd like you can PM me your draft and I will edit it.

In the long run I think it's better to write something like this from the heart.

Monocerotis said:
If you'd like you can PM me your draft and I will edit it.

In the long run I think it's better to write something like this from the heart.

correct i am applying to Aerospace engineering and i am going to do this all by myself and getting a teacher to edit it.

no thanks I am asking my teacher and dad to edit my ps for me.
and @ maroc: bruv I am doing it all by myself aswell. some help will do no harm. so asked!

oh you of course help will do no harm, but i guess its the way your worded your question.

What is aerospace engineering?

Aerospace engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and construction of aircraft, spacecraft, and other related technology. It combines principles from various fields such as mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering to create systems that can operate in the Earth's atmosphere and beyond.

Why do I need to write a personal statement for aerospace engineering?

A personal statement is a crucial part of the application process for any engineering program. It allows you to showcase your passion for aerospace engineering, highlight your relevant skills and experiences, and explain why you are a good fit for the program. It also gives the admissions committee a better understanding of your goals and motivations, which can help them make an informed decision.

What should I include in my personal statement for aerospace engineering?

Your personal statement should include your academic background, relevant work or research experiences, technical skills, achievements, and your motivation for pursuing aerospace engineering. You can also mention any extracurricular activities or leadership roles that demonstrate your interests and abilities.

How can I make my personal statement stand out?

To make your personal statement stand out, you should be authentic, specific, and concise. Share your unique experiences and perspective, and avoid using cliches or generic statements. Use examples to illustrate your skills and achievements, and make sure to tailor your statement to the specific program you are applying to.

How important is the personal statement in the admissions process for aerospace engineering?

The personal statement is a critical component of the admissions process for aerospace engineering. It allows the admissions committee to get a sense of who you are beyond your grades and test scores. A well-written personal statement can make you stand out among other applicants and increase your chances of being accepted into the program.