Aerospace Engineering

• Thread starter _Bd_
  • Start date
Im going to a science fair to promote Aerospace Engineering. Me and my team are doing a project that helps visualize vortices (throught food coloring and water currents. . .pretty usual)
the main point is to talk about delta wings.
Im going to specify in delta wings at super sonic speeds and was just wondering if you guys could help me like. . .find "amazing" words (that arent too complex) or things that like are super attention getters. . .this is going to be mostly for middle/highschool students although some college students may attend.

I dont want to mention too hard concepts, just gonna say a little about how delta wings are better at handling supersonic speeds and stuff. . .

Last edited:

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
You want to get middle/high schoolers' attention? Use pictures. Lots of pictures. If you have movies, that is even better.

You want to get middle/high schoolers' attention? Use pictures. Lots of pictures. If you have movies, that is even better.

well Im doing that experiment that runs water and we have a fixed delta wing model and we have food coloring that comes out from the tip and you can clearly see the vertices formed in the top. . .it looks pretty cool. Im hoping that would get their attention but I want words as well. . .and I've been coming up with stuff that is more related to supersonic flight not necessarily with delta wings =,=

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I guess I don't know what you are looking for then. Just words to put on display that look cool? There aren't a ton of those relating to delta wings unless you think things like "vortex" and "pressure gradient" and "cross flow" are eye-catching. Other than that, I would say stick to the supersonic theme.