1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Engineering

1. Jul 27, 2011 #1
    I'm a student from Malaysia, planning to go into aerospace engineering. I really want to study in the us, but what pre-u course is good and which uni offers the best aerospace engineering in the us?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2011 #2
    What's up with all these threads asking about the 'best' schools...

Best is subjective. I can tell you that UT Austin and Texas A&M have rigorous AE programs that are comparatively easy to get into as an international student. I say comparatively because they're by no means easy to get into, but it's much easier to get into a school like UT and A&M than into, say, MIT. Whether they're the 'best' or not is entirely up to you.

Also, just as a side note, don't you think it's a little presumptuous that you could even get into the 'best' aerospace engineering school? Just saying....

4. Jul 27, 2011 #3
    Thanks for the advice. and you really don't have to get annoyed by people asking for advice in the physics forum.

5. Jul 27, 2011 #4

cjl

Honestly, there are quite a few good aerospace programs in the US, and for graduate school especially, which one is the best depends heavily on what subfield you want to go into. The best school for rocket propulsion is not going to be the same as the best school for satellite navigation and control for example.

6. Aug 6, 2011 #5
    thanx for the advise guys but which is the best to study uk or usa

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook