How can my achievements help me get into a top aerospace university?

In summary, the speaker is a final year undergraduate mechanical engineering student in India who is interested in pursuing a master's degree in aerospace at a top university in the US, UK or France. They have participated in national and international competitions, including winning third place with NASA system engineering appreciation award at a recent SAE Aero design challenge in the US. They are also working on designing a micro-satellite with Indian Space Research Organization and Indian Institute of Astrophysics. The speaker is not a top academic performer and is seeking advice on how their achievements can help them get into a good aerospace university. Some recommended universities include ITA in Brazil, ISAE in France, and various top universities in the US.
praj109
HI..I am doing my final year Undergraduate mechanical Engineering in an Indian University.. I would be finishing my UG in few weeks.. I am keen on doing my masters in Aerospace in a verygood Aerospace university in US. uk or France. I have participated in many national and international competitions and hv won Aero competition, recently we stood 3rd iwith NASA system engineering appreciation award in SAE Aero design challenge held in Atlanta US along (Ours is the first and the only Indian team to achieve this). I am also working on designing a micro- satellite with Indian Space Research Organization and Indian Institute of Astrophysics.But I am not extremely topper in academics..

I wanted to know how my achievements can help me in getting into a good aero univ.. and how can I approach them..Kindly help me in this regard.

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I wonder I have'nt got a single reply

Well, there's ITA in Brazil, ISAE (Combines the best schools of AeroSpace Eng in France) in France, TU Delft in the Netherlands... There's Georgia Tech, University of Maryland, MIT, CalTech, Purdue, UIUC.. in the US.

1. What is aerospace higher studies?

Aerospace higher studies refer to postgraduate education and research focused on the study of aeronautics and astronautics, including topics such as aircraft design, space exploration, and propulsion systems.

2. What are the different types of degrees offered in aerospace higher studies?

Some common degrees offered in aerospace higher studies include Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautics, or Astronautics. There may also be specialized degrees in areas such as space systems engineering or aviation management.

3. What are the job prospects for graduates of aerospace higher studies?

Graduates of aerospace higher studies have a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as aerospace engineering, space research, aviation, and defense. They may work for government agencies, private companies, or research institutions.

4. What are some important skills and qualifications needed for aerospace higher studies?

Some important skills for success in aerospace higher studies include a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer programming. Additionally, students should have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. Prior experience in research or internships in the aerospace field may also be beneficial.

5. What are some top universities for aerospace higher studies?

Some top universities for aerospace higher studies include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in the United States, as well as Imperial College London and University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. However, there are many other reputable universities around the world that offer excellent programs in aerospace engineering and related fields.