1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace what to expect?

1. Feb 17, 2005 #1
    Aerospace...what to expect??

Im thinking of switching my major from applied physics to Aerospace eng... Im really good at calculus and fairly good with physics. Is Aersopace going to be ridiculously hard, or just as hard as anything else compared to how much studying you put forth? And how much is chemistry used throughout AE? Appreciate any feedback.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2005 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

Hardest major among all engineering fields is Chemical Engineering, then EE, then ME/AE, then Civil, etc. I went over the books used in junior and senior years for AE - propulsion, aircraft controls, etc - and they seem hard but if you take into account that its mostly applied differential equations for fluid mechanics class, partial differential equation for dynamics, physics1 for statics - its not really that complicated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?