Aether attached to Earth?

• Thread starter hartlw
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

What rules out Aether being attached to earth?

Why should the earth be singled out as stationary wrt the aether? If the universe is completeley arbitrary, why are we here? If I were setting up the system, I would plant the aether where it makes the most sense and is most useful.

Answers and Replies

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There is no Aether, so the earth is not special. At the same time you seem to want an Aether attached to earth, (your first statement) and not in your second sentence. Make up your mind.

The simplest solution is that an Aether is a unnecessary complication. We do not need it to explain anything.

Why should the earth be singled out as stationary wrt the aether? If the universe is completeley arbitrary, why are we here? If I were setting up the system, I would plant the aether where it makes the most sense and is most useful.
Experiment ruled this out long ago. Read here

More interestingly, why are you attempting to duplicate a thread that was locked for a good reason?