Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Affiliate programs and Adwords

1. May 14, 2009 #1
    Hi there,

Has anybody tried making money in the past using Adwords and Adsense or have tried to make some extra cash using an affiliate program.

How did you get on? What sites did you pick? What are the benefits and pitfalls of making money this way.

Please reply with your ideas.

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2009 #2
    I recently signed up with Skype/Commission Junction and Site Ground. Both were easy to set up but I haven't been paid yet.

I have other private affiliate arrangements with personal/business associates that work VERY well.

4. May 14, 2009 #3
    A few years back my nephew sold folder and resume covers. He used a google ad -word. Every time someone googled a term that had cover in it his ad popped up. Other than some sign up fees he only had to pay according to the number of hits his ad got.

He did make money, but not as much as he had expected.

It can be risky. Choose the ad-word very carefully.

As I said this was probably five years ago and a lot has changed. Ad-words are now everywhere.

http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/ads/ads_3.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook