What is the correlation between IQ and poverty in African countries?

• News
  • Thread starter Anttech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    debt
In summary: Fox releases a story about them 'Flushin the Koran' which is categorically denied by the administration with great indignity and distain by the highest sources including Rumsfeld himself.A week later, an internal report hits the press from some small office far from the White House confirming that it was not only true but they have multiple incidents of it actually happening but ... since it is not 'really big news' ... it hits page 10 and falls by the wayside.Result ... the American populace hears the headline accusation categorically denied by Rummy and the page 10 story in the US hits the front pages in Arabic ... 'Rumsfeld Proven a Liar ... Again'.
Anttech said:
Go to london City and see how many "africans" there are in high powered Jobs, that require the "g" factor
There seems to be income disparity by race in the United Kingdom.
statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=274

--
Minority ethnic groups have lower levels of household income than the White population...

Pakistani and Bangladeshi households were heavily reliant on social security benefits – which made up nearly a fifth (19 per cent) of their income. Benefits were also a considerable source of income for the Black group (15 per cent).
--

Physics news on Phys.org
hitssquad said:
There seems to be income disparity by race in the United Kingdom.
statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=274

--
Minority ethnic groups have lower levels of household income than the White population...

Pakistani and Bangladeshi households were heavily reliant on social security benefits – which made up nearly a fifth (19 per cent) of their income. Benefits were also a considerable source of income for the Black group (15 per cent).
--
Are all of you people members of the BNP or the KKK?

I am at a loss to explain the deliberate tracking down of statistics attacking the population of Africa.

If anyone is surprised by the 'bad showing' in education or crime from people originating in 3rd world countries, you really have not understood the problem.

You certainly are not foing to find solutions there.

Shall we discuss Phrenology next?

Last edited:
I've heard from PBS that money isn't the only problem. Part of it is because the governments there are extremely corrupt and the money goes to local warlords instead of those who really need it. Perhaps the debt relief should go straight to the people than through a bloated bureaucracy?

There is no point in money and supplies unless the supplies reach those in need.

The Smoking Man said:
Are all of you people members of the BNP or the KKK?

It seems to be a fast growing trend in the US
The number of neo-Nazi and KKK groups rose by 40% in one year
http://www.rickross.com/reference/christian_identity/christianidentity19.html

Last edited by a moderator:
motai said:
money isn't the only problem. Part of it is because the governments there are extremely corrupt and the money goes to local warlords instead of those who really need it.
Hence the topic of this thread is "how should we deal with African Poverty, and the corruption found in many Africa goverments right now?"

motai said:
I've heard from PBS that money isn't the only problem. Part of it is because the governments there are extremely corrupt and the money goes to local warlords instead of those who really need it. Perhaps the debt relief should go straight to the people than through a bloated bureaucracy?

There is no point in money and supplies unless the supplies reach those in need.
hitssquad said:
Hence the topic of this thread is "how should we deal with African Poverty, and the corruption found in many Africa goverments right now?"
Great ... After HOW much debate have we gone through to arrive at the conclusion that Geldoff arrived at about a decade ago?

GOD, we're so smart!

Pengwuino said:
That was one of hte unsubstantiated claims. No proof if i recall.

And there was one report where WATER got splashed onto the book. The urine one is a different claim.
LOL ...

According to the 'official story'.

A guard on duty went outside for a leak and being the incredibly well endowed marine that he was managed to have a large enough quantity of his urine blown through an air vent at this 'maximum security facility' prompting the replacement of the koran and the jumpsuit of the prisoner in question.:eek:

Will this guy be 'retired from the forces' or will they put him out to stud?

Now ... I love it when YOU answer.

We've gone from the Rumsfeld, 'No we would never do this type of thing because we train them better' to ... not the single incident that was reported in the news but multiple incidents (200 reported with few confirmed).

And of course, who do we have doing the investigations?

This IQ thing look like bull crap to me...How come India is in the bottom? The indians are one of the most intellifent nations, one of the most advanced to, look anywhere for indian immigrants, brilliant in sciences, brilliant doctors and engineers...The huge population and povrety is their problem. I think...

motai said:

Exactly, there's a lot of corruption in Africa, that's a good point. In my opinion it'd help more if people were educated enough to distinguish bad lies of corrupted governors, for many years in many countries, ignorance was the major policy, people know nothign, just tell them a couple of big lies and they'll buy it and worship u forever...

This is much more powerfull than giving money.

Edit: If people were more educated they'll not be hungry for food, they'll strive for the truth, they'll need to know and understand mroe than anything else...

Exactly, there's a lot of corruption in Africa, that's a good point. In my opinion it'd help more if people were educated enough to distinguish bad lies of corrupted governors, for many years in many countries, ignorance was the major policy, people know nothign, just tell them a couple of big lies and they'll buy it and worship u forever...

I agree, corruption in Africa is a major barrier that prevents funds being passed from governments and other people to safe hands. However I believe that money is not everything and instead of finding this corruption as the main culprit and thereby succumbing to making any further donations as we no longer know where it ends up, it would be wiser to spend money on secure and genuine infrastructures first. Building installations in parts of Africa so we (employees with integrity) can receive these funds and distribute it to different regions in Africa would be much saffer. Abundant numbers of people persist on stating "let us act now and not in five years" and yet they do not comprehend why this money is being squandered in corruption movements. If so many of us point out that native Africans are accountable for "stealing" and "corrupting" these funds, why do we either employ or trust them in the first place? what we need now is integrity more than anything and acquiring such integrity requires people to build it! Why does the UN rely so heavily on African transportation to carry goods around Africa and end up incurring levies and sometimes only half of the goods are transported safely?

We need people with integrity and our own infrastructures in Africa to mobilise goods without corruption on our side.

DM said:
We need people with integrity and our own infrastructures in Africa to mobilise goods without corruption on our side.
No corruption on our side? Like the oil for food program perhaps? :biggrin:

Art said:
hitssquad said:
Your first link is a copy of this Wikipedia article:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_IQ
So good they named it twice
Wikipedia articles are works in progress. It can be observed that the Wikipedia article is different now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations