Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Afterlife Back Up Plan!

1. May 2, 2009 #1
    What is yours?

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2009 #2

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

4. May 2, 2009 #3
    My lord and saviour, Christopher Hitchens.

5. May 2, 2009 #4
    Get a CET, what ever scans I can of my brain and store them in a disk, and have them stored underneath my cryogenic chamber. Hopefully cryoprotectants will be effective enough to save my brain from the damage that is usually done in the process of freezing and warming.

6. May 2, 2009 #5
  7. May 2, 2009 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Absolutely not. I'm just going to croak and be done with it.
    Well, any functional organs are mandated to carry on without me in someone who can make better use of them.

8. May 2, 2009 #7
    Agreed. Although I expect that most of my organs will have been to well used to be of any service after my death.

9. May 2, 2009 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Well, yeah... there's not much hope for my liver. And the lungs, of course, are the cause of my demise. Smoking and drinking aren't the best life choices, but I just love them so much... :redface:

10. May 2, 2009 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, I don't. I don't believe in anything supernatural.

But I totally believe in things that are natural :smile:.

11. May 2, 2009 #10

Danger

Gold Member

I really like Evo's idea of the Tibetan vulture funeral, once the innards are harvested.

12. May 2, 2009 #11
    What's an "Afterlife Back Up Plan"?
    A plan in case afterlife fails?

I don't know what it is, so I cannot answer.

13. May 2, 2009 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Bacon and tomato sarnies with brown sauce.

14. May 2, 2009 #13

Danger

Gold Member

That sounds more like a cause of death, rather than an after the fact picnic. :yuck:

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  15. May 3, 2009 #14
    Good statement rootX!

Am I allowed to post images here?

16. May 3, 2009 #15
    We need to get together to shoot some billiards before too long Danger. I'm afraid neither of us are likely to last all that long.

17. May 3, 2009 #16
    Juct check the advanced options. There are tag options and you can also upload images.

18. May 3, 2009 #17

Danger

Gold Member

I like the idea, Stats. You have to come here for it, though; remember that I'm not allowed over the border. (Besides, it would be amusing for me to see you experience Alberta weather. :biggrin:)

19. May 3, 2009 #18
    I'm not so bad in the cold. Will my fedora and trench coat be good enough?

I've been meaning to get up there eventually. One of my favourite bands is out of BC and I have a few friends in Alaska. I was supposed to get up there for their wedding but I've been too poor for travel.

If I do ever get up there I promise to find you and get schooled on the big felt table. :-)

20. May 3, 2009 #19
    I plan to travel.

21. May 3, 2009 #20

Danger

Gold Member

Depends upon your tolerance. We were sitting out in our T-shirts having beers on the lawn yesterday, watching the last of the snow melt (but there's more coming). A friend told me several years ago about a time when his in-laws were visiting California. They found a nice deserted beach, went swimming, then were tanning. A couple came strolling up wearing parkas. The woman just looked down at the baskers and said, with a wry expression, "You're Canadian, aren't you?" When they asked how she could possibly know that, she said, "Who else would be out on the beach in this freezing weather?" It was at least 18°C. :rolleyes:
    Of course, it also depends upon when you're here. In winter, it can hit -45C. We tend to wear heavy coats in that weather.
    Anyhow, if you're ready for Alaska, you shouldn't have any trouble here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook