Is an Age Gap a Deal Breaker in Dating?

• Thread starter Adyssa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Age Gap
In summary, the guy thinks he should try to get to know the girl better and see if she's interested in him.
Ah, ok, I just read it somewhere. The thing is that I find age gap not an interesting metric. Adulthood is, and if I look around, I find eighteen somewhat arbitrary but on the safe side. Having teached somewhat (though IT is not really a good sample), current day young 'adults' are immature enough as it is.

You can also look at the other side. Why would you want young women to spend their whole life in kindergarten? I guess there would be lots of people who'ld want that, but the only association I have with that is Saudi Arabia. Women kept in kindergarten until they can get kids and do the dishes.

(Not that I think many people will agree with my point of view.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
All guys over 12 have been most attracted to 16-24 year olds for the entirety of human existence.

No one cares.

Two months has passed since the last post. Have you spoken to her if not then maybe you are too young for her!

<h2>1. Is a significant age gap a deal breaker in a relationship?</h2><p>No, an age gap does not necessarily have to be a deal breaker in a relationship. Many successful and happy couples have significant age differences and are able to make their relationship work.</p><h2>2. What is considered a significant age gap in dating?</h2><p>A significant age gap is typically defined as a difference of 10 years or more between partners. However, this can vary depending on the individuals involved and their personal preferences.</p><h2>3. Are there any challenges that come with dating someone significantly older or younger?</h2><p>Yes, there can be challenges in a relationship with a significant age gap. These may include differences in life experiences, expectations, and goals. It is important for both partners to communicate openly and address any potential issues that may arise.</p><h2>4. Can an age gap affect the success of a relationship?</h2><p>An age gap does not necessarily determine the success of a relationship. The success of a relationship depends on many factors such as communication, trust, and compatibility. An age gap may present some challenges, but it does not have to be a determining factor in the success of a relationship.</p><h2>5. How can couples with a significant age gap make their relationship work?</h2><p>Couples with a significant age gap can make their relationship work by communicating openly and honestly, respecting each other's differences, and finding common ground. It is also important to have a strong foundation of trust and understanding in the relationship.</p>

1. Is a significant age gap a deal breaker in a relationship?

No, an age gap does not necessarily have to be a deal breaker in a relationship. Many successful and happy couples have significant age differences and are able to make their relationship work.

2. What is considered a significant age gap in dating?

A significant age gap is typically defined as a difference of 10 years or more between partners. However, this can vary depending on the individuals involved and their personal preferences.

3. Are there any challenges that come with dating someone significantly older or younger?

Yes, there can be challenges in a relationship with a significant age gap. These may include differences in life experiences, expectations, and goals. It is important for both partners to communicate openly and address any potential issues that may arise.

4. Can an age gap affect the success of a relationship?

An age gap does not necessarily determine the success of a relationship. The success of a relationship depends on many factors such as communication, trust, and compatibility. An age gap may present some challenges, but it does not have to be a determining factor in the success of a relationship.

5. How can couples with a significant age gap make their relationship work?

Couples with a significant age gap can make their relationship work by communicating openly and honestly, respecting each other's differences, and finding common ground. It is also important to have a strong foundation of trust and understanding in the relationship.