Aggressive People in Taipei - Avoid or Embrace?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, during a morning drive, the conversation between the speaker and their wife touched on Taipei personalities and their aggressiveness. The speaker expressed a desire to avoid Taipei, to which their wife responded with a humorous comment about Taipeians emigrating to Canada.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
On our drive in this morning my wife kept talking about Taipei personalities and how aggressive they are.

I said that's one place I'll be sure to avoid and she looked at me funny.

She's so weird.

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
On our drive in this morning my wife kept talking about Taipei personalities and how aggressive they are.

She's so weird.
:rofl:

Trying out new material for the 2012 humor award?

Maybe if my teeth hadn't been gritted with anticipation from the title I could have laughed.

DaveC426913 said:

She's so weird.
Dave, you missed her point: Taipeians do emigrate to Canada now and then. Avoiding Taipei is no guarantee of anything.

:rofl: Okay. Who's going to buy me a new keyboard?

1. How common is aggressive behavior in Taipei?

Aggressive behavior is not uncommon in Taipei, as it is a densely populated and fast-paced city. However, it is important to note that not all individuals in Taipei exhibit aggressive behavior.

2. What are some common triggers for aggressive behavior in Taipei?

Some common triggers for aggressive behavior in Taipei include overcrowding, traffic congestion, and cultural expectations for assertiveness and direct communication.

3. Should I avoid or confront aggressive people in Taipei?

It is generally recommended to avoid confrontation with aggressive individuals in Taipei, as it may escalate the situation. It is best to remove yourself from the situation and seek help from authorities if necessary.

4. How can I protect myself from aggressive individuals in Taipei?

Some ways to protect yourself from aggressive individuals in Taipei include staying aware of your surroundings, avoiding isolated areas, and practicing de-escalation techniques such as remaining calm and using non-confrontational body language.

5. Are there cultural differences in how aggression is perceived in Taipei?

Yes, there are cultural differences in how aggression is perceived in Taipei. While direct and assertive communication may be seen as normal and even necessary in some situations, physical aggression is generally frowned upon and can lead to legal consequences.