1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ah help camrea and eye comparison

1. Apr 6, 2004 #1
    hey i sort of lost my text book and i dont know how to do this can someone help me out Please? If so heres the question:

The structure and function of the human eye and a simple camrea have many similarites. Useing the the terms iris,eyeball, retina , corena, and lens idnetify correspondying camrea structures and describe their function?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2004 #2

Science Advisor

1. This is not the homework forum.
    2. You did not show any work.
    Last time (t=12571, Jan. 13) you posted 5 questions verbatim from a textbook, without showing any of your own work. Stupidly, someone actually answered them. These forums are for learning/discussing. You learn nothing if someone just gives you answers.
  4. Apr 6, 2004 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

krab, I completely agree.

To dragun (and everyone else seeking help): Please read Tom's sticky at the top of the Homework Help forums (where I will move this thread).
  5. Apr 6, 2004 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Dragun, if you want homework help you have to show your work. Show us how you started and where you got stuck.
  6. Apr 7, 2004 #5
    ok heres what i think

this is more of a s/a question so this is what i think ...

corena=lens of camera
    retina=film of camera
    iris=diaphramg of camera
    lens= lens?
    i cant think of the eyeball one not sure if the lens one is right either
  7. Apr 7, 2004 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

No, the cornea is NOT the lens.

According to "StLukeseye.com", "The cornea is the transparent, dome-shaped window covering the front of the eye."
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?