Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AIDs TV Movie

1. Jul 21, 2009 #1
    Hey, can anyone remember a movie I vaguely remember from memory as a child. I think it was a TV movie but I'm not positive. It was about the parents of a child or some such who had an immunodeficiency disease like AIDs (I can't actually remember if it was AIDs). Basically the parents became obsessed with the science of AIDs and actually made a not insignificant contribution to the study of AIDs. I remember a particular scene where the father is in a public library reading bio books and he's fiddling with some funny looking paper clip and it gives him the insight into... well... something (obviously he didn't cure AIDs). Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knew what this movie was (or maybe i'm on hallucinagens).

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2009 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Would that be "[URL [Broken] Oil?[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Jul 21, 2009 #3
    That sounds promising... Not that there's a chance that I could get my hands on a copy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook