Air purification cleaner type?

• Thread starter pokk
  • Start date
What configuration air cleaner will clean phenols out of the air? Just read where CFL bulbs emit phenols......thanx

Answers and Replies

russ_watters
Mentor
Oy.

I googled that and managed not to die laughing at seeing some of the references [/irony]. If one wants to be pedantic, everything can kill you (see companion thread on that subject: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3413462#post3413462 ). Unless you wear a safety harness when walking up and down stairs, you shouldn't be considering buying an air purifier to keep you safe from CFL lamps.

Last edited:
thanx. Cousin is asthmatic & just had a close call so I'm asking.

thanx. Cousin is asthmatic & just had a close call so I'm asking.

I would think that asthmatics are much more affected by dust than anything else, which is mostly pieces of clothing, dead skin, etc., unless there is a specific allergy to the molecule in question, perhaps.

A good electrostatic filter system will take care of dust - I use a Hoover Silent Air 4000 in my home office to get rid of dust. Keeps my lungs and my 2 Bearded Dragons happy.

The best way to get rid of organic molecules is to use an activated carbon filter system of some sort.