Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aircraft APU

1. Apr 15, 2014 #1
    how much heat roughly does commercial aircraft APU produce? I'm interested in an average and maximum range. Any experts?

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

4. May 4, 2014 #3
    So kind of you Greg, sadly no. I am really interested to know whats the atmospheric temperature of the commercial plane tail, APU surrounding when APU is running at maximum potential.

5. Apr 9, 2015 #4
    It depends on the plane. Not every aircraft is the same. Not every airliner is the same. For instance a GE-90B engine has enough power to make a 747 fly which actually uses 4 engines. But these GE-90Bs are only used in Boeing 777s. The APU does the work of the engine when needed. As every engine is different, the type of APU used is different. Hope this helps.

6. Apr 14, 2015 #5

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook