1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aircraft production project.

1. Jun 27, 2007 #1
    My dear physics peeps, brothers, sisters, friends..........
    PLEASE SAVE MY SOUL....................
    My professor asked me to do a mini research on aircraft production techniques, and submit a 200 page report....
    Through out the last week, I banged my head hard over the internet, and found not a single page on aircraft production and manufacturing techniques.
    Please help me out.......
    Please gimme some websites.........
    If anyone has already been through a hell like this please help me out....
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

200 page report? Good luck...

I'd probably start with Henry Ford and what he did for aircraft production during WWII...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. Jun 27, 2007 #3
    dude please gimme some more web sites.
    please mann I am so desperate I dont know what to do
    please gimme some good web sources I ll take care th erest
    please mannnn
  5. Jun 27, 2007 #4

Gold Member

perfectz, your school should have access to online academic journals. You should make use of them.

Good luck!
  6. Jun 27, 2007 #5

Science Advisor

Aircraft production techniques? Can you be any more vague? What are the most basic machining, joining and forming operations that you can think of? ALL of them go into an aircraft's individual components. Let's name a few of them...:

Milling (traditional and 5 axis), turning, EDM, welding, brazing, bending, water jet, laser cut, deep drawing, riveting, adhesives, molding, heat treating, casting, surface treatments...

I would suggest you start breaking an aircraft down into it's different areas and research each one independently. You'll find more information that way.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  7. Jun 28, 2007 #6

Staff: Mentor

8. Jun 29, 2007 #7

Science Advisor

That Wiki article has a great picture of the Willow Run plant back in the day. That's not too far away from me. What a great picture.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?