Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Airfoil - NACA 64a416/4416 mod

1. Mar 16, 2014 #1
    Hello,

I am looking for coordinates data for the airfoil NACA 64A416/4416 mod. This airfoil was used on the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver. While the airfoil is listed on various manufactures lists no data, or image, of the airfoil is available. Can you tell me whether there is a reason this data is not given, or am I misunderstanding something. And, is there an alternative airfoil which can be used and where the data and an image is available. The information is required for a large scale model of the DHC_2 Beaver up to 140 inch wing span.

Regards,
    Spud

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2014 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

4. Mar 17, 2014 #3
    Hi Baluncore,

I visited aeromech and found that by entering either 4416 (4 Series) or 64a416 (6 series) I finally get an image representation of an airfoil, plus its data. The other databases on the web dont produce either for the designations above. I dont know why but its a pity that they dont. All I need now is a method of coding the data for AutoCAD and Rhino so that the airfoil is automatically drawn. Many thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Spud

5. Mar 17, 2014 #4

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Google; 'autocad naca profiles'
    There appear to be several available.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook