Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Airline horror stories

1. Sep 7, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! In the one titled: "The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"
    I liked this comment:
    "24. Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

4. Sep 7, 2004 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The title of your post makes me think of one of the most hilarious Gary Larsen cartoons I have ever seen. If I remember it right, there's a passenger sitting in a window seat and on the arm-rest there are all these little knobs and buttons he can fiddle with during the flight.
    One particular switch is labeled "Wings fall off/ Wings stay on".

5. Sep 8, 2004 #4
    One thing you definitely don't want to hear from the captain is "This is your captain speaking. We've lost control of the aircraft, and are currently falling at a rate of [Insert fast speed here]. The copilot and I are parachuting down for help."

Not good. :eek:

6. Sep 8, 2004 #5
    The captain says over the speaker, "I'm sorry to report that we have just lost the use of one of our engines. Please don't panic, we can fly fine on the remaining engines, but it will take us about an hour later to get to our destination."

One passenger turns to another and says, "Great, just great. I'm already going to be late for my meeting."

A few minutes later the Captain says, "I'm sorry to report that we have just lost the use of a second engine. The plane will fly slower but we can fly on the remaining engines. It will, however, take us about another additional hour to get to our destination."

The passenger turns to the other and says, "This is unbelievable. Two hours late!"

A few minutes later the Captain says, "Everyone please fasten your seat belts we have just lost a third engine. Please don't panic the plane can fly on one engine, we will just be arriving an additional two hours later."

The passenger turns to the other and says, "Can you believe this? If we lose that fourth engine we'll be up here all night!" :rofl: :smile:

7. Sep 8, 2004 #6
    That is bad........ but so funny. :rofl: :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?