What materials should I use for my egg parachute drop assignment?

• Thread starter landyjg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drop Egg
In summary, the conversation is about an upcoming assignment where the speaker needs to make a parachute to glide an egg to the ground. They are seeking advice on what size material to use and whether they can use other materials. The suggestion is to use trial and error and to stuff toilet paper into the suspension module for cushioning.
landyjg
I was scrounging through my bag and noticed i have an assginment due tommorow... basically i have to make a paracute to glide an egg to the grund. on the end of my strings should be a hook to attach to an ovular suspention module... what size material etc should i use... ? ty for ur help

Physics news on Phys.org
Trial and error is a time tested technique! :)

What qualities of the parachute/egg system do you think are important to the problem at hand?

Freshman at my high school do this. Are you allowed to use any other materials? A lot of people tie balloons to it. On the ovular suspension module you should stuff as much toilet paper as you can in there to cushion the blow.

1. What is an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP?

An Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP is a scientific experiment that involves dropping eggs from a height using a parachute made of alaca fabric. The goal of this experiment is to test the durability and impact resistance of the eggs and the effectiveness of the parachute design.

2. How is an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP conducted?

An Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP is usually conducted in an open outdoor area, such as a field or a playground. The eggs are carefully placed in the parachute and the parachute is then attached to a balloon or a drone. The balloon or drone is then released and the parachute with the eggs attached is dropped from a height.

3. What is the purpose of an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP?

The purpose of an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP is to simulate real-life scenarios where objects are dropped from a height, such as in the case of a parachute landing or a package delivery. This experiment helps scientists understand the factors that affect the impact and durability of objects when they are dropped from a height.

4. What are the variables involved in an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP?

The variables involved in an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP include the height from which the eggs are dropped, the weight and size of the eggs, the design and material of the parachute, and the landing surface. These variables can be adjusted to test different scenarios and gather data for analysis.

5. What are the potential applications of an Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP?

An Alac EGG PARACUTE DROP has potential applications in the fields of engineering, aviation, and space exploration. The data collected from this experiment can be used to improve the design and safety of parachutes, as well as to understand the impact and durability of objects during freefall, which can be beneficial for developing technologies for space travel and aircraft landings.