1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Albert einstein debate of 2004

1. Dec 5, 2004 #1
    Yeah i have to write a 20 page paper on the Albert Einstein debate of 2004 in january sometime. I cant find anything about it im currently a senior and am not a big math/physics person so if anyone has any information about it could you please help me out thank you.
    -Justin

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2004 #2
    :surprised :surprised :surprised 20 pages godspeed.

4. Dec 5, 2004 #3
    do u know anything about it? please lol

5. Dec 5, 2004 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There was an Albert Einstein debate in 2004? And I missed it??!! Drat!

What were they debating? His hairdo?

Zz.

6. Dec 5, 2004 #5
    well i dunno thats the topic that my teacher had given it on. I have no idea what she ment by it. Thats the exact word for word topic that paper says.

7. Dec 5, 2004 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you should go back and insist on clarification from her. I wasn't able to google up anything relevant.

8. Dec 5, 2004 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Is it completely taboo to even ask her what she meant by the "Albert Einstein Debate of 2004"?

Zz.

9. Dec 5, 2004 #8
    She said we have to figure everything out on our own. Im trying to write my outline now so i can start writing tommorow. But yeah i cant find jack on it.

10. Dec 5, 2004 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

BTW, it is NOT nice to post your question to more than one part of PF. That's a no-no if you read PF rules.

Zz.

11. Dec 5, 2004 #10
    im really sorry sir, i dont know im just kinda going insane over this whole paper. maybe she didnt mean 2004 i dont know im sorry though honestly. I just wish i could find some help.

12. Dec 5, 2004 #11

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Well, I do hope someone can. I think I'm pretty up-to-date on the general going-ons in physics, and it would certainly be unusual if I missed something like this. However, I have never heard of this "Einstein Debate of 2004". Maybe it's something I missed and someone else here may have heard of it. In any case, I strongly suggest going to your teacher again and double-check if the topic is accurate, especially with the year.

In one of the recent entries in my Journal on here, there is a link to the Albert Einstein Archive. You may want to look at that.

Zz.

13. Dec 5, 2004 #12
    I read a good book about him actually. Its called Einstiend and Newton by some canadian publishing company. It was an interesting story. How he convinced the president to do nuclear research, he had a daughter, but she was sent away. He divorced the fist time, but married one of his cousins, I think. Maybe a 2nd cousin.

14. Dec 5, 2004 #13
    http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2004/apr/HQ_04109_gravityPB.html
    this is what my friend said it was most likely based on he is a physics major at u Of i urbana he said he thought he read ana rticle about it.
    "it was about how the spinning of the earth warps the gravitational field"
    in simplified terms i think that means
    I think it was whether gravitational effects were according to what einstien said or not. But im not sure can anyone verify and think thats maybe what my teacher is talking about?

15. Dec 5, 2004 #14

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

But you said "the Albert Einstein DEBATE of 2004". This is not a "debate", is it? A debate, at least to me, is a bunch of people arguing about issues. Didn't you watch any of the political debates from the last election?

If this is REALLY what your teacher meant, then this is a very strange way of defining what a "debate" is. Besides, what makes you think that THIS is the only thing in 2004 that is connected to Einstein?

Zz.

16. Dec 5, 2004 #15
    i dont know i know what a debate is im a huge political science freak. but like, a debate in science could be testing if something worked this all i can think of at least i mean unless someone else has a better idea this is what i have to go with on my outline at least. I will turn my outline in to her and maybe she will yell at me for being completely wrong, or she wont. and like i said im not sure if this is the only thing that is connect with 04 and einstein im just gonna have to go with it. ive searched the internet up and down.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  17. Dec 5, 2004 #16
    a debate in science is zapperz and mines discussion of circular motion :rofl: baseball bats anyone? :tongue2:

18. Dec 5, 2004 #17
    yeah science... einstein of 2004 ugh :confused: :confused: theres a reason im going into political science in college :D

19. Dec 5, 2004 #18
    Einstein GR maybe you are supose to talk about conflict between GR and QM or at least you could and draw it back to say string theory... filler is nice for 20 pages.

20. Dec 5, 2004 #19
  21. Dec 5, 2004 #20
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?