Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alert Bug Involving Quoted Post

1. Sep 12, 2015 #1

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I have an alert telling me that DiracPool quoted me in his post here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...rds-rather-than-reptiles.832153/#post-5226201

But I haven't even posted in that thread. The quoted post is actually SteamKing's, post #3 in the thread.

I blame either @phinds, @OmCheeto, or @Evo and think they should be interrogated immediately. Careful, Phinds bites, OmCheeto's craftier than a fox with a full set of power tools, and Evo's got a banhammer even Greg fears.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Kvetch, kvetch, kvetch. Always getting into one kind of trouble or another and now you're trying to blame it on others. You sound like a politician :smile:

4. Sep 12, 2015 #3

Mark44

I would have described OmCheeto as "wiser than a snake" but "innocent as a pigent" (a kind of bird).

Yes, I know how to spell "pigeon" but not all of our members do.

5. Sep 12, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Check the posting history. The original post included a quote from a different thread:

6. Sep 12, 2015 #5

Drakkith

Ah okay. So if you quote someone, post, and then edit out the quote, the person still receives an alert. Thanks MFB.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook