Is Physicsforums.com Based in the Philippines or USA?

• Thread starter PainterGuy
  • Start date
In summary: It seems that Physicsforums is popular in many countries, but also a target for spammers. Also, to favorite a thread, click on "Thread Tools" and select "Subscribe to this Thread."
PainterGuy
hello every1,

the alexa shows that (at least its how i interpret it) physicsforums.com is more famous in philipines than in usa. is this forums based in one of these countries and not in the usa? peace

Physics news on Phys.org
I find roughly 20 times more visitors from the US than from the Philippines (37.8% vs 2.0% of traffic). The ratio of population Philippines/US ~ 3.3 so I conclude that PF is about 5.7 times more popular in the USA.

What is your data ?

hello,

these are the stats i get:--

Country Rank
Philippines 1,927
Sri Lanka 3,168
India 3,569
Canada 3,652
Singapore 3,687
United States 4,320
United Kingdom 4,503
Pakistan 4,597
Bangladesh 5,003
Malaysia 5,721
South Africa 6,693
Ireland 7,609
Australia 7,663

We have a prolific spammer from the Phillipines.

alexa is not very accurate, but the Philippines does rank in 5th as sending the most traffic to PF according to our stats.

thanx guys. means physicsforums is popular in many countries r perhaps target of many spammers as a member said above.

oh, i forgot to ask...how do i favourite a thread so it is among my threads. please tell. cheers

painterguy said:
oh, i forgot to ask...how do i favourite a thread so it is among my threads. please tell. cheers

After clicking on a thread, look sort of near the top of the page, just above the first thread on that page, and you'll find a "Thread Tools" Menu. Click on that and select "Subscribe to this Thread." You'll have a choice of a few options (how you wish to be notified, which one of your folders you want to put the subscription in, etc.). Then click the "Add Subscription" button.

thanx

1. What is the Alexa rank of Physics Forums?

As of August 2021, the Alexa rank of Physics Forums is 27,968 globally and 15,094 in the United States.

2. How is the Alexa rank of Physics Forums calculated?

The Alexa rank is calculated based on the number of visitors and page views a website receives in the past 3 months. It also takes into account the time spent on the website and the bounce rate.

3. Why does the Alexa rank of Physics Forums fluctuate?

The Alexa rank is dynamic and changes frequently as it is based on recent traffic data. It can be affected by changes in website traffic, new content, and updates to the Alexa algorithm.

4. Is the Alexa rank of Physics Forums a reliable measure of its popularity?

The Alexa rank can give an overall idea of a website's popularity, but it should not be the only factor considered. It does not take into account all website traffic, such as mobile app usage, and can be influenced by various factors.

5. How can I improve the Alexa rank of my website?

To improve your Alexa rank, focus on increasing the quality and quantity of your website's content, optimizing for search engines, and promoting your website through social media and other online channels. It is also helpful to install the Alexa toolbar and encourage visitors to your site to do the same.