Did Obama shine at the McCain-Obama dinner debate on C Span?

• Thread starter edward
  • Start date
In summary, the Alfred E Smith Dinner is an annual charity event held in New York City in honor of former New York Governor Alfred E Smith. It is attended by political leaders, members of the clergy, and other notable figures, and has been held since 1945. The purpose of the dinner is to raise funds for Catholic charities and promote unity and goodwill among individuals from different backgrounds. Unlike other political events, the Alfred E Smith Dinner has a light-hearted and humorous atmosphere and a strong focus on charity and community service.
edward
McCain and Obama squared off and this time it was very entertaining. Just a couple of clips:

I wish politics could always be this civil.

It was on C Span tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
edward said:
McCain and Obama squared off and this time it was very entertaining. Just a couple of clips:

I wish politics could always be this civil.

It was on C Span tonight.

I was particularly impressed with Obama.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cannot comment on the entertainment value of a political debate. However, I can say that the behavior and demeanor of the candidates during a debate is important for the public to see. Civil and respectful discourse is necessary for a healthy democracy, and it is encouraging to see that displayed during a political event. The substance of the debate and the candidates' policies and positions are ultimately what should be evaluated by voters.

1. What is the "Alfred E Smith Dinner"?

The Alfred E Smith Dinner is an annual charity event held in New York City that benefits Catholic charities and honors the memory of former New York Governor Alfred E Smith.

2. Who attends the "Alfred E Smith Dinner"?

The dinner is typically attended by political leaders, members of the clergy, and other notable figures from various industries.

3. When was the first "Alfred E Smith Dinner" held?

The first Alfred E Smith Dinner was held in 1945, making it over 75 years old.

4. What is the purpose of the "Alfred E Smith Dinner"?

The dinner serves as a fundraising event for Catholic charities and also brings together individuals from different backgrounds to promote unity and goodwill.

5. How is the "Alfred E Smith Dinner" different from other political events?

The Alfred E Smith Dinner is unique in that it is a light-hearted event that aims to bring people of different political beliefs together in a friendly and humorous atmosphere. It also has a strong focus on charity and giving back to the community.