1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Algebra Books Question

1. Aug 10, 2011 #1
    Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, I tryed posting in the learning materials section but an error occured when trying to post.
    Currently I am reading a book called " Elementry Algebra " by Henry Sinclair.. Great book.
    My question is, are there other good algebra books that any one can recommend?
    thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2011 #2

eumyang

Homework Helper

Re: Algebra Question

I was wondering where you were getting those obscure algebra problems from. Those problems are quite above the level of "Elementary Algebra" or "Algebra I" that students study today. I'm not sure you'll find a textbook, currently used by schools, that will approach this level.

FWIW, I like http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/product/Introductory-Algebra/9780321557131.page" [Broken] by Lial, because the teaching is done in the text. Buy a used, older edition and you can get it for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Aug 10, 2011 #3

Someone from this forum actually recommended the book I am currently reading thats how I found it.
    And thank you for the recommendation, I will check it out right now.

5. Aug 11, 2011 #4

you mentioned that these problems are more advanced than an algebra 1 course... Is this book you recommended advanced?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook