Should I Learn Trigonometry or Geometry After Intermediate Algebra?

In summary, the conversation discusses resources for learning the second year of algebra, including online options and a 20-year-old book. It also mentions the recommended sequence of courses for studying algebra, geometry, and trigonometry in college. It suggests that some students may be able to skip trigonometry and go directly to pre-calculus, but this may not be the best option for most students.
Stratosphere
Does any have some good online free books so I could learn the second year of algebra.(I've only learned the first year) I also would want to know if after I learn the second year of algebra I should learn trig or geometry.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone?

Try a web search for "hefferon" or "hefferin", associated with a name, "Lamar" and you might find some instructive files for Intermediate Algebra. Also check http://www.purplemath.com (or is it .org ?)
Still, a 20-year-old book would be better.

You can study Geometry or Trigonometry after Intermediate Algebra. The typical college sequence is like this:
Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry,..
Geometry would often be listed as one of the prerequisites for Trigonometry but this is not absolutely necessary for everyone - it depends on the capabilities of the student. Some students may be able to skip Trigonometry and go directly to Pre-Calculus but this may also not be a good idea for most students (Pre-Calculus is a combination course of somewhat more advanced arithmetic-algebra than "Intermediate", and Trigonometry).

What is Algebra Geometry and Physics?

Algebra Geometry and Physics are three separate fields of mathematics and science that are often studied together. Algebra deals with equations and mathematical operations, geometry deals with shapes and spatial relationships, and physics deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions.

Why are Algebra Geometry and Physics important?

Algebra Geometry and Physics are important because they provide the foundations for understanding and solving complex real-world problems. They are also used extensively in fields such as engineering, computer science, and economics.

What are some examples of how Algebra Geometry and Physics are used in everyday life?

Algebra Geometry and Physics are used in a variety of everyday situations, such as calculating distances and areas, predicting the motion of objects, and solving financial equations. They also play a role in technology, such as designing buildings, creating computer graphics, and developing new technologies.

Is it necessary to have a strong understanding of Algebra Geometry and Physics to pursue a career in science or math?

A strong understanding of Algebra Geometry and Physics is essential for anyone pursuing a career in science or math. These fields are the building blocks for more advanced concepts and are necessary for problem-solving and critical thinking in these fields.

How can one improve their skills in Algebra Geometry and Physics?

The best way to improve skills in Algebra Geometry and Physics is through practice and perseverance. Regularly solving problems and seeking help from teachers or tutors can also greatly improve understanding and skills in these areas.