1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Algebra Geometry and Physics

1. Jan 29, 2009 #1
    Does any have some good online free books so I could learn the second year of algebra.(I've only learned the first year) I also would want to know if after I learn the second year of algebra I should learn trig or geometry.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2009 #2
  4. Jan 29, 2009 #3

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Try a web search for "hefferon" or "hefferin", associated with a name, "Lamar" and you might find some instructive files for Intermediate Algebra. Also check http://www.purplemath.com (or is it .org ?)
    Still, a 20-year-old book would be better.

You can study Geometry or Trigonometry after Intermediate Algebra. The typical college sequence is like this:
    Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry,..
    Geometry would often be listed as one of the prerequisites for Trigonometry but this is not absolutely necessary for everyone - it depends on the capabilities of the student. Some students may be able to skip Trigonometry and go directly to Pre-Calculus but this may also not be a good idea for most students (Pre-Calculus is a combination course of somewhat more advanced arithmetic-algebra than "Intermediate", and Trigonometry).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?