What is the Value of m in These Equations?

• Thread starter elementals_i
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, the value of m in an algebraic equation is dependent on the given equation and the values of the other variables. It can be solved using algebraic methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. It is also possible to use a calculator, but it is important to understand the manual steps involved. In algebra, m typically represents a variable or unknown value and is commonly used to find missing values in equations and formulas. When solving for m, it is crucial to follow the order of operations (PEMDAS) to ensure accuracy. Additionally, there are alternative methods such as using matrices or the quadratic formula, depending on the type of equation. It is essential to understand the different methods and choose the most suitable one for the
elementals_i
ok, so I'm kinda stuck on this question. Please help!

If m^15 = 48/y and m^13 = 2/6y, and m > 0
what is the value of m? :bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Those y's are a nuisance since we do not know its value. Can you think of a way of combining the two equations to obtain a new "y-free" one?

Hi,
You need to show us some work or tell us what you've tried or think you might need to try.

You have 2 equations and 2 unknowns...

Welcome, BTW.

C C

What is the value of m in this algebraic equation?

The value of m depends on the given equation and the values of the other variables. It can be solved by using algebraic methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing.

Can I solve for m using a calculator?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve for m in an algebraic equation. However, it is important to understand the concepts and steps involved in solving the equation manually.

What is the meaning of m in algebra?

In algebra, m is usually used to represent a variable or an unknown value. It can represent any number and is commonly used in equations and formulas to find a missing value.

Do I need to follow a specific order of operations when solving for m?

Yes, it is important to follow the order of operations, also known as PEMDAS (parentheses, exponents, multiplication and division, addition and subtraction), when solving for m in an algebraic equation. This ensures that you get the correct answer.

Are there any alternative methods to solve for m?

Yes, there are alternative methods such as using matrices or the quadratic formula to solve for m, depending on the type of equation. It is important to understand the different methods and choose the most appropriate one for the given equation.