Algorithm Flow Chart: Create Easily & Automatically

In summary, a flow chart is a visual representation of an algorithm using shapes like circles, rectangles, parallelograms, and rhombus. It can be created using drawing programs or by hand, but there are also specific programs for creating flow charts such as BreezeTree or Microsoft Word. Some of these programs may require payment, but there are also free options available such as Dia.
ziad1985
Algorithm flow chart??

I don't know if the exact word is flow chart, It's a direct translation from a french word, it's something that you represent an algorithm with bunch of circles, rectangles, parallelograms, and Rhombus.
Anyone know what I'm talking about ?
in case someone does, is there a program to do this?
I have a number of algorithms to represent, and it's damn hard to them with a drawing program, or by hand..

Computer science news on Phys.org
the problem everything I found needed money, I know there is some GPL around, but some of them are very big like Open Office...
Microsoft Word can do it too, but I don't have it..

http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Examples

Look great, I'm going to give it a try, thank you.

It is really nice. Thank you.

What is an algorithm flow chart?

An algorithm flow chart is a visual representation of a step-by-step process or set of instructions that describes how to solve a problem or perform a task. It is often used in computer science and programming to plan out the logic of a program.

Why are flow charts important?

Flow charts are important because they provide a clear and organized way to visualize complex processes and make them easier to understand. They also help identify any potential errors or inefficiencies in the process and allow for easier troubleshooting.

How do you create an algorithm flow chart?

To create an algorithm flow chart, you must first identify the problem or task that needs to be solved. Then, break down the process into smaller steps and arrange them in a logical order. Next, use symbols and arrows to connect the steps and show the flow of the process. Finally, review and revise the flow chart as needed to ensure clarity and accuracy.

Can flow charts be created easily and automatically?

Yes, there are many software programs and online tools available that allow users to create flow charts easily and automatically. These tools often have drag-and-drop interfaces, pre-made symbols and templates, and the ability to automatically connect steps based on the logical flow of the process.

What are the benefits of using an algorithm flow chart?

Using an algorithm flow chart can help improve efficiency, reduce errors, and make complex processes easier to understand. It also allows for easier collaboration and communication among team members, as the visual representation can make it easier to discuss and make changes to the process. Additionally, flow charts can serve as a reference for future use or as a documentation of the process.