All My Rube Goldbergs (So Far)

• Thread starter Apollyphelion
  • Start date
In summary, Donald Drake, the President of Wobbly A Productions and Creator of the World's Worst Comic Ever Made, shares his Collage/Pop Culture Comedy Rubes which include a Random Number Generator, Painting Maker, Food Spoiler, Music Maker, Weed Motivator, Season's Greetings Sender, Stash Locater, Mood Indicator, Post Maker, Random Letter Generator, Bowl Packer Model Number A, Demotivator, and Game Player. He jokingly suggests that he may have found the secret to eternal youth or that his creativity makes others jealous.
Apollyphelion
Hi, I'm Donald Drake, President of Wobbly A Productions and Creaotr of the World's Worst Comic Ever Made. Here are my Collage/Pop Culture Comedy Rubes.
Random Number Generator

Painting Maker

Food Spoiler

Music Maker

Weed Motivator

Season's Greetings Sender

Stash Locater

Mood Indicator

Post Maker

Random Letter Generator

Bowl Packer Model Number A

Demotivator

Game Player

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Haha, you have too much time on your hands!

Cyrus said:
Haha, you have too much time on your hands!

Did I find the secret to eternal youth or are you just jealous?;-)

I'm an Artist.

Man, the original Rube would be jealous. Those are excellent.

1. What is a Rube Goldberg machine?

A Rube Goldberg machine is a contraption that uses a series of complex and often unnecessary steps to accomplish a simple task. It is named after American cartoonist Rube Goldberg, who was known for drawing humorous illustrations of such machines.

2. How do you come up with the ideas for your Rube Goldberg machines?

I draw inspiration from everyday objects and tasks. Sometimes I start with a simple task and then brainstorm ways to make it more complicated and entertaining. Other times, I come across interesting objects or materials and think about how I can incorporate them into a machine.

3. How long does it take to build a Rube Goldberg machine?

The time it takes to build a Rube Goldberg machine varies depending on the complexity of the machine. Some may take a few hours to build, while others can take several days or even weeks. It also depends on the materials and resources available.

4. What are some common challenges you face when building Rube Goldberg machines?

One of the biggest challenges is ensuring that each step of the machine works perfectly and leads smoothly into the next. This often requires a lot of trial and error, as well as adjustments and fine-tuning. Another challenge is finding the right materials and tools to create the desired effects and movements.

5. What do you hope people take away from watching your Rube Goldberg machines?

I hope people are entertained and amazed by the creativity and ingenuity behind Rube Goldberg machines. Additionally, I hope it inspires people to think outside the box and see the potential in everyday objects and tasks. It's also a great way to learn about physics and engineering concepts in a fun and interactive way.

Back