All you have to do is right it in, and not have to pay

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about signatures and how some members see it as a status symbol while others find it annoying or too long. There is a rule that signatures should not exceed four lines, but some members still go over the limit. The conversation ends with a light-hearted discussion about who has the best signature and who will win the "most-improved member" award.
JamesU
Gold Member
all you have to do is right it in, and not have to pay! :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
You're an inventive little squirt aren'tcha!

Perhaps the posh orange members see a signature as less of an actual feature, and more of a status symbol. It's like driving a Porsche or having big gates on your drive, or having a massive beard.

Personally I have signatures turned off as some of them are way too long, and others are simply annoying :smile:

The rules are that a signature is not to exceed four lines. Some members here are way over the limit.

Evo said:
The rules are that a signature is not to exceed four lines. Some members here are way over the limit.

Says you with at least twice as much blank space beneath your post as everyone else?!

Still not as much as some. When I got promoted to Mentor, I lost my "contributor" status, ZapperZ kept his. :grumpy:

I love how yomamma's signature keeps changing. :biggrin: Now that's a signature! Ok, yomamma wins the "best signature" ribbon. :approve:

Evo said:
Ok, yomamma wins the "best signature" ribbon. :approve:

Yeah, it's a nice touch, I'll give him that. Just make sure I get most-improved member this year!

1. What does it mean to "right it in"?

"Righting it in" refers to writing something down or recording it in a document or other form of written communication.

2. Is there a specific format or requirement for "righting it in"?

There may be specific requirements for how something should be written or documented, depending on the context. For example, legal documents may have specific formatting and language requirements.

3. Is there a cost associated with "righting it in"?

In most cases, there is no cost associated with writing something down or documenting it. However, there may be fees for certain types of documents, such as legal or government forms.

4. What are the benefits of "righting it in"?

Writing something down can help ensure accuracy and provide a record for future reference. It can also help to organize thoughts and ideas and make them more easily understandable to others.

5. Are there any situations where "righting it in" is not necessary?

In some informal situations, such as writing a grocery list or taking personal notes, it may not be necessary to follow specific guidelines for writing. However, it is generally helpful to have a written record of important information or agreements.