Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Allison Krause and Union Station

1. Sep 13, 2007 #1

turbo

Gold Member

Their live concert (basis for their live CD) is going to be broadcast on PBS at 9:00 eastern tonight. If you haven't seen this, please try to tune in. Every one of the band members is stellar, and Jerry Douglas (on dobro) will floor you.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2007 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OOH! Thanks, turbo!!!!

4. Sep 13, 2007 #3

turbo

Gold Member

You're welcome, MIH. I hope that the the scheduling on the left coast is equivalent. This is one of the most entertaining live concert recordings of all time, IMO. I play guitar and whored out doing lots of rock and blues for years, but I have a soft spot for bluegrass. Strangely, my favored style is finger-picking - I have no home.

5. Sep 13, 2007 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Damn! Jim Lehrer just came on to talk about Bush's speech tonight. I hope he keeps it short so we can listen to something real and honest. In Bush's opening salvo, he claimed that our enemies attacked us here, and linked that to the war in Iraq. Since the alleged suicide bombers were predominantly Saudis, why aren't we laying waste to Saudi Arabia?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?