Can Alonso maintain his winning streak in F1?

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, Alonso won the GP France Magny Cours, and he is 9 points behind Raikonnen with 9 races left.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Alonso Wins Again in F1!

Alonso make it five! He has won the GP France Magny Cours!

http://www.formula1.com/news/3265.html

And he has Raikonnen behind him 24 points far away, with 9 races to go.

Great Fernando, Great! :approve: :approve: :approve:

and go home Schummy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's only because of the michelin tyres. Sure, they failed during the US Grand Prix, but on average, the michelin tyres outperform the bridgestone. That's why Alonso is over-acheiving.
And since each race is worth 10 points, Alonso has not won the season yet.
Put them in the same type of cars and Schumi will teach Alonso how to drive!

Last edited:
siddharth said:
Put them in the same type of cars and Schumi will teach Alonso how to drive!

How? are you saying Ferrari is a worse car than Renault? I don't think so. And I remember you last season F.Alonso teached Schummi how to drive when he won one GP and doubled him in a GP I don't remind.

Schumacher is undoubtedly a very good driver, but not that much better. His strength has always been being the number one driver in a team that has consistently had the best cars. Now ferrari have an average car and renault have a very good car so its easy to see why alonso is that much better this season. If mclaren where as reliable as renault then it would be a really good season with alonso and raikonnen both driving fantastically.

Renault by far have the most reliable car in formula one this year. I'd say that the speed is equivalent between Renault and McLaren though.
But everyone knows as you guys, apart from clausius, has pointed out that Ferrari is an average car this year. It isn't as reliable and it just isn't as fast. Using the bridgestone makes Schumacher take off pretty slowly off the grid. You can see that with all the bridgestone users. I think the season will be closer than people think :)

1. What is F1?

F1 stands for Formula One, which is a type of open-wheel racing competition that involves high-speed cars and takes place on specially designed tracks.

2. Who is Alonso?

Fernando Alonso is a Spanish racing driver who has won the Formula One World Championship twice, in 2005 and 2006.

3. How many times has Alonso won in F1?

As of 2021, Alonso has won 32 races in Formula One.

4. What makes Alonso a successful F1 driver?

Alonso is known for his exceptional driving skills, strategic thinking, and consistency on the track. He also has a strong work ethic and is constantly improving and adapting to new challenges.

5. What does Alonso's win mean for the F1 season?

Alonso's win in a race can have various implications for the ongoing F1 season. It can boost his team's morale and help them in the overall championship standings. It can also have an impact on the other drivers and teams, as they may have to reassess their strategies to compete with Alonso's team.