Alright, Who ticked off God?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

The monsoon is going nuts tonight. I am getting pounded by lightning strikes. At least one or two a minute, and they are close and loud. It's rattling the windows. I have a question, why does thunder go on for so long? I can hear it continuously for a good 10-15 seconds. I thought maybe it was just because of echos, but then I noticed that is starts quiet then booms then quiets. Echos can't get louder than the original sound can they?

Answers and Replies

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sounds like you need to change your ways. :rofl:

Sorry it was my fault. I can't go into details, but rest assured I'm making amends to the Big Guy.

Okay, I thought there was a lot of lightning the other night. Tonight is the most lightning EVER!! It is all cloud to cloud but there are AT LEAST 100 strikes per minute. It looks like a strobe light. It looks like the second coming. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. There might be 200 strikes a minute. It looks like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie walking into a paparrazi convention.

Beautiful lightening storm here, too. Hey tribdog, are you from Arizona too?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm jealous. I love lightning.

I'm jealous. I love lightning.
What are you waiting for? If you are an engineer apply at a company in Arizona. It is a great place to be if you don't mind working for the military.

Yeah trib where are you? Our monsoon has been rather weak this summer..

Ironic, you keep reporting lightning, FROM A COMPUTER!

I'm in Mesa

I'm in Tucson. You have a big one coming your way, so keep your head down (or up!). There are 60 mph winds in Benson.

8340 strikes in the past hour. according to weather watch 5. 139 a minute

8340 strikes in the past hour. according to weather watch 5. 139 a minute
Must be fun!

I was listening to song about sky crying other day:

"Everytime the rain comes down
Close my eyes and listen
I can hear the lonesome sound
Of the sky as it cries "

Last edited by a moderator:
9135 strikes and my tv just died. I don't have cable, but I get the digital channels with my rabbit ears. I sure hope all the digital channels are sent from the same antenna and it just got stuck by lightning because I can't get a signal on any channel. Hope i didn't just fry my brand new hdtv.

Now I'm getting 5-1 and 5-2. they must be on a different antenna. I've lost 3-1,8-1,8-2,8-3,8-4,10-1,12-1,12-2,15-1,15-2, 45-1,45-2,51-1,51-2,51-3,51-4,61-1.
I know it's nothing compared to satellite or cable, but this free digital you get with rabbit ears are pretty cool.

Get off the damn computer you goon, lol.