Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alt vs local Time graph.

1. Mar 23, 2013 #1
    Hi, I need some help with interpreting an altitude vs local time graph.

Here is a link to the graph and some of the questions that were asked about the graph.

also this information was provided: Date of observation: christmas night 2015, Southern hemisphere, ignore daylight savings.

For the RA of objects I got the order as 2,1,moon,3=4,5 (just listed them according to max alt time)

For Declination I have them ordered as 3,moon,1,4,5,2 ( lowest alt first unless they appear as circumpolar)

The stars Declination I got by using moon as reference and I got the moons Declination roughly 18°N late during late December, hence star 1 is at 0°, star 4 at 32°S which is observation site and star 5 at 64°S

Any one able to tell me if I have the right results or how I should go about reading this graph? I am not sure as to why some most are curved shape and one with a straight line (star 4)

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted