Alternatives to Clutch Mechanisms - Automated Solutions

• Thread starter Analysis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Clutch
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for an alternative to the clutch mechanism, particularly one that can be automated. The group suggests various options such as magnetic and electromagnetic clutches, as well as hydraulic couplings. The individual mentions having 15 years of experience working with transmissions and drive lines and promises to provide a detailed layout in the future. There were also issues with attaching an image to the conversation.
Analysis
Dear all,
I need to find alternate to clutch mechanism
Is there anything similar to alternate clutch part...?
That one could be automated one not to be manually operate...

Thanks
Praksh

Engineering news on Phys.org
What are you trying to drive? How big and much force does the clutch need to be able to transmit? How smooth do you need engagement to be?

minger said:
What are you trying to drive? How big and much force does the clutch need to be able to transmit? How smooth do you need engagement to be?

For better understanding i have attached the layout.
hope you got it

\
Prakash

Attachment cannot made...

nope..

Again trying...server down notifications...

Any clutch needs to be able to transmit torque and be able to make and break the connection between the driving motor and the driven shaft under various loads and rpm. The friction clutch does this quite well, yet it somehow strikes me as being a crude device. The only alternative that I know of is the non-contact magnetic clutch. However, I just don’t know enough about it, such as cost, available torgue, speed of engagement/disengagement, to know if it is a viable alternative in the automobile. Other than magnetic force and direct friction contact force, I cannot think of anything else that can be used as a clutch.

have you heard of electromagnetic fluid.. viscosity changes with the amount of current applied to it.. what is the application or what kind of clutch ore you trying to replace I have 15 years exp working with trans missions and drive lines

hydraulic couplings!

Thanks to all for the suggestions

I will get back to all with my detailed layout.

Prakash

Attachment is still problem?

What is an alternative to a clutch mechanism?

An alternative to a clutch mechanism is an automated solution, which uses sensors and electronic controls to shift gears without the need for a manual clutch.

How does an automated solution work?

An automated solution uses sensors to detect the speed and load of the vehicle, and then sends signals to the transmission to shift gears. This eliminates the need for a manual clutch, making driving smoother and more efficient.

What are the benefits of using an automated solution?

One of the main benefits of using an automated solution is that it eliminates the need for a manual clutch, making driving easier and more convenient. It also offers smoother gear changes and can improve fuel efficiency.

Are there any drawbacks to using an automated solution?

Although automated solutions offer many benefits, there are some potential drawbacks to consider. They can be more expensive to repair and maintain compared to a traditional clutch mechanism, and some drivers may prefer the control and engagement of a manual clutch.

Can an automated solution be installed in any vehicle?

While most modern vehicles are equipped with automatic or manual transmission, there are conversion kits available to install an automated solution in older vehicles. However, the installation process can be complicated and may require professional help.