1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alternative text to this one?

1. Aug 16, 2010 #1
    Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum (hopefully it is), but this fall I'm taking a course titled Logic Design of Digital Systems and I recently acquired the textbook so I could get a headstart, but the problem is I can't make heads or tails of this text. I checked the amazon reviews and apparently I'm not the only one who feels that this book is overly complicated.

Anyways, what I was wondering is if you guys could help recommend an alternate book to help me self-learn this material because although my text book assumes that we have NO knowledge of anything except introductory physics and calculus, it dives right into "combinational systems" and a bunch of other topics which seem greek to me. (and binary isn't even explained!)

Sorry, the text book is called: Introduction to Digital Systems by Ercegovac, and I would really appreciate it if you guys could recommend me another book to read / study from in the mean time because I can't seem to wrap my head around this without assistance

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2010 #2
    Well I googled up that book... $170 from Amazon, bad reviews and all, #$#%#! you must really want to learn that stuff...

I don't know what level you are starting from, or what's actually in the text book, but my second google result was for this:
    http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ee100/su07/handouts/IntroductionToDigitalSystems.pdf
    which seems to be a pretty nice introduction to the Introduction. Hope it helps...

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook